VOLUNTARY COMMITMENTS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Business for Social Responsibility
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- Devonshire Initiative
- Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI)
- International Cyanide Management Code for the Manufacture, Transport and Use of Cyanide in the Production of Gold
- International Network for Acid Prevention
- United Nations Global Compact
- Voluntary Principles for Security and Human Rights
- World Gold Council
- Canada Council for the Americas
- Canadian Business for Social Responsibility
- Canadian Mining Innovation Council
- Mining Association of Canada
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (e3 Plus)
- Alaska Chamber of Commerce
- Alaska Miners Association
- American Exploration and Mining Association
- Association of Washington Businesses
- Buckhorn Community Advisory Association
- Council of Alaska Producers
- Eastern Washington Workforce Development Council
- Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce
- Ferry County Chamber of Commerce
- Ferry County Historical Society
- Ferry County Visitor and Convention Bureau
- National Mining Association
- Nevada Mining Association
- Okanogan Economic Alliance
- Oil and Gas Industry Alliance
- Republic Chamber of Commerce
- Resource Development Council
- Rotary Club of Fairbanks
- Tri-County Economic Development District
- Women’s Mining Coalition
- Associação Mineira de Defesa do Ambiente (Minas Gerais Association for Environmental Protection)
- Brazilian Association for Protection of Child and Youth Rights (ABRINQ)
- Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce
- Brazilian Mining Industry Technological Development Agency
- Brazilian Mining Institute (Instituto Brasileiro de Mineração)
- Commercial and Industrial Association of Paracatu
- Minas Gerais Association of Commerce-Mining Commission
- Minas Gerais State Industry Federation (FIEMG)
- Movimento Verde de Paracatu
- Sustainable Development Agency of Paracatu
- Canada-Ecuador Chamber of Commerce
- Council for Responsible Mining in Ecuador (CONMIN)*
- Ecuadorian Consortium for Social Responsibility (CERES)
- Mining Chamber of Ecuador*
- Mining Chamber of Zamora-Chinchipe*
* Supported until December 31, 2013
- Chile-Canada Chamber of Commerce
- Consejo Minero de Chile
- Corporación Pro Atacama (CORPROA)
- PROhumana Chile
- American Chamber of Commerce in Russia (Amcham)
- Canada Eurasia Russia Business Association (CERBA)
- Foreign Investment Advisory Council (FIAC)
- International Council for Co-operation and Investment (ICCI)
- Mining Advisory Council
- Russian Gold Producers’ Union
- Ghana Chamber of Mines
- Fédération des Industries de Mauritanie (FIM)
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Named to both the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and to DJSI North America Index in 2012 and 2013.
- Placed on Ethibel Excellence investment register, Ethical Global Equity and ECPI Global Carbon Indices.
- Named among the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights for the fourth consecutive year (2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013).
- Listed on the Jantzi Social Index® since 2007.
- Achieved a ranking of 31st out of 232 Canadian companies in the Globe and Mail 2013 annual corporate governance survey. In 2012, we ranked 25th out of 245.
- Paracatu was named the best mining company in Brazil by Valor, a major business newspaper in the country.
- Received a score of 89 from the Carbon Disclosure Project for our 2013 submission, representing the highest score for disclosure among the Materials sector.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Kettle River-Buckhorn was named National First Aid Champions at the Mine Safety and Health Administration Underground Mine Rescue Competition for 2013 in Nevada.
- Paracatu’s Integrar program received an award from Minérios e Minerales, a Brazilian magazine focused on mining-related industries. Founded in 2011, Integrar promotes social investment across four key areas of education, culture, environment, and income/employment generation. In 2013, Integrar benefited more than 5,000 students and 11 local institutions.
- In early 2014, Integrar was recognized for its contribution to education by Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) Minas Gerais, conducted by the United Nations in partnership with Government of the State of Minas Gerais and João Pinheiro Foundation. The program was honoured as one of the 15 best initiatives in Minas Gerais.
- At Chirano, received a green rating for environmental performance, the highest ranked mining company in the country and the only company to receive a green rating based on the government’s EPA Akoben Ratings.
- Received the Atacama Environmental Networks’ Best Project-Reduction of Emissions award at La Coipa for reducing mercury emissions in the Refinery through the addition of scrubbers. La Coipa achieved reductions to less than 1 kg/year, exceeding its goal of reducing emissions from 40 kg/year to less than 5 kg/year.